Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off auto select

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
richardporqueddu6731
5968 Views, 8 Replies

Turn off auto select

Hello All,

Is there some way we can turn off the auto highlight feature in inventor 2012?  I am working in a large assembly and every time I move the cursor over the assembly it is trying to pre highlite parts and assemblys and it really causing alot of delay in my work.

Kind regards,

Rick

RickP
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2017
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Go into Application Options, and on the General tab, uncheck "Enable Prehighlight."  I believe that will get you what you want.

Message 3 of 9

That's it but it is under the "color" tab... Go figure.  Is there a white paper with set up tips for the general options?

RickP
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2017
Message 4 of 9

I'm still on 2010, so for me it's on General.  Glad you found it.

I'm sure there's one out there somewhere, but I don't know of a link I could suggest.  I kind of have a list of things I usually set, but it's more in my head than anything else.

Message 5 of 9
Kyle.Sullivan
in reply to: jtylerbc

What about when I am editing a part with in an assembely? I often am needing to edit a part while it is still in an assembly so I can use the assembely as a visual reference. When ever I move my mouse it is constantly highlighting different faces/features and is rather annoying. The Enable Prehighlight works for the assembley, but not in the part view.

Any ideas?

Message 6 of 9
laptop_geek
in reply to: Kyle.Sullivan

I've been looking for an option that does this but have been unable to find it. I am interested in finding the solution though, it would be a nice thing to have the option to turn off as I often work in parts where I want that to be shut off.

Message 7 of 9
jtylerbc

The problem isn't that it doesn't work when editing a part from an assembly - the problem is that it doesn't work when editing a part, period.  Even if you have a part open by itself, you won't see this setting make any difference whatsoever - it really only seems to have an affect on highlight behavior in assemblies.

I'm not aware of any setting that changes the highlight behavior on parts.

Message 8 of 9
Kyle.Sullivan
in reply to: jtylerbc

I am glad this is not just me seeing this. Seems logical to me that this exact same setting should have the same effect regardless of being with a part or with an assembly. 

Does anyone know if this is something being looked at by Autodesk?

Message 9 of 9
laptop_geek

I didn't see it mentioned in the IdeaStation of the forums, but I think it should be placed there.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report