Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tubes and pipes

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Strucc.c
179 Views, 1 Reply

Tubes and pipes

Dear all,

I've completed a nice and compact machinery design, using U-PVC fittings and tubes. However, It would be practical, to logically split it down into subassemblies - the machine itself is going to be built this way. In practice this means, that set of unions are solvent-welded with tubes and other fittings, forming separate assemblies.

Originally the unions were belonging to "valve" and other device sub assemblies. Inventor is quite nice with moving parts between assemblies, sometimes even constraints are preserved, so I could create these "piping" units. But, it's not very practical from the BOM point of view: I don't want to order parts of unions, I just want it to be split between two assemblies...

I know, it's feasible to assign the part number to one part of the union assembly, and then just ignore the rest. But maybe you have a better idea to deal with these kind of questions...

Thanks in advance for your ideas,

P.Peter

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cbenner
in reply to: Strucc.c

Usually, we assign a union to either one sub-assembly or the other for BOM purposes, not half on one and half on another.  If this is the way you need to show them I would make 2 fittings, one for the top and one for the bottom.  Then I would pick one of them and set the BOM status to Phantom so it will not show up in the BOM, but will be visible in the assembly.  The other half could have the part number.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report