Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube and Pipe tutorial in Inventor 2014

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
sheriff12
2740 Views, 6 Replies

Tube and Pipe tutorial in Inventor 2014

When I click Environments tab> Begin panel> Tube and Pipe, and then on the Create Tube and Pipe Run dialog box and enter AirSystem1 as the run file name and click OK, all it says in the lower left of the screen is Loading Presentation and the pointer just spins. I waited for a half hour and nothing happened. Then when I clicked the mouse it said program not responding. Can someone tell me why this is happening and what I should do? Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
bgarden
in reply to: sheriff12

First of all, please ensure you are up to date with Service Packs.

If you still have the issue, your piping-runs.iam template file might have become corrupt.

Unless you have remapped your Design Data location to something other than the default you should find this file here:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Design Data\Tube & Pipe\en-US

Replace your piping-runs.iam file with the one I have attached, restart Inventor and retry creating a pipe run.

I hope this helps.

Message 3 of 7
Dmatiz
in reply to: bgarden

Hi there.

I'm having the same issue. I tried dowloading the file and replacing the existing one..., nothing happens, still the same. On the other hand,  I accidentally closed inventor, but then doudle-clicked the file, and it opens and empty assembly with the tube and pipe environment active, but with the button "Finish Tube and Pipe" inactive. Either way I have to force my way out of the program by using the task manager.

Would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks

Message 4 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: Dmatiz

Have you installed the Service Packs?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
sheriff12
in reply to: JDMather

Thank You! Problem solved.

Message 6 of 7
Dmatiz
in reply to: Dmatiz

Nice!!!

Issue solved.

Thanks everyone

Message 7 of 7
ihudson
in reply to: sheriff12

I have installed the service packs (up to SP2) and am still having issues. When I try to open the Tube and Pipe environment, after I go through the "Create Tube and Pipe Run" box, I get an error message that says: "The Tube & Pipe template was not found. The specified location for the project is: [my file location]. Please verify that the template file exists." I noticed that my piping runs.iam says that it was last modified on 3/1/2011 so I even downloaded the file that bgarden attached and replaced my copy with that and still nothing. I closed and re-opened Inventor with the changes and that did not help either. Our template files are on a server (not in public documents) but I tried replacing the copy within public documents and that did nothing either.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report