Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube & pipe not starting

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
vmcarbonneau
340 Views, 3 Replies

Tube & pipe not starting

Here is my problem

When I start Tube and pipe environment, Inventor stops responding and I have to end the process manually.

If I start Tube and pipe environment in a new assembly, it's working. After I successfully create a Tube and pipe assembly in a new assembly, I have no more problems starting Tube and pipe environment in other assemblies. Each time I want to use Tube and pipe, I have to create one in a new assembly.

Inventor insallation is fresh with SP1

What is wrong ?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: vmcarbonneau

SP1 for which version of Inventor?

Can you describe your exact workflow?  You have an assembly, in which you have already used Tube & pipe, and created a pipe run.  What do you do next?

Message 3 of 4
vmcarbonneau
in reply to: cbenner

Inventor 2014

to make it works:

step 1

- create a new assembly

- save this assembly

- create a tube & pipe run

step 2

- open the assembly where I want to use tube & pipe

- create a tube & pipe run

If I don't do the step 1, it's not working

Message 4 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: vmcarbonneau

Well, that does not seem right.

I know I've seen posts before about t&p and 2014... but a quick search revealed no solutions.  I don't have 2014 to check this out on... but I suspect it may be an issue with this release.  I would urge you to log a tech support case with this one.

One person said they changed somehting in the registry to fix their problem,.... I don't advocate that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums