Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trim feature

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
380 Views, 4 Replies

Trim feature

hi, after using the circular or rectangular patterns, to, for example (as you see in the attached photo- the photo was scanned by Microsoft Security Essentials, healthy), I wanted to trim some parts of the "augmented" sketch members. but I couldn't trim in this case. (while trim feature is selected the line parts which I wanted to trim didn't become dotted to be able to trim them).  Doesn't trim feature work at such a situation?  Is there any way to do this?  Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Pattern copies are copies - identical to original and must remain so.  (unless you break the link)

There is a better way.

... and that looks like a sketch - not a feature.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi bkaraciray,

It looks like you've patterned a sketched line, rather than a feature such as an extrusion.

Assuming that it is a line, you can right click on one of your patterned lines and then choose Edit Pattern to modify your sketch pattern, Then click the >> button in the lower right hand corner of the dialog box. Then uncheck the Associative checkbox. This will make them individual objects that can be trimmed. But they'll likely need to be dimensioned in place afterward to keep them from moving around.

As JDMather suggested, most likely there is a better way to do this though.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

thanks a lot curtis (because of detailed explaining, I'll try it

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

dear friend Curtis, I really am grateful to you, I've tried what'd you said, it works, thanks a lot ( because of your help JdMather, I also thank you  too)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report