Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggers in idw's

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Josy05
361 Views, 2 Replies

Triggers in idw's

Hi all,

I have so many questions and know nothing about vba and such. I have spare time for R&D so most of my days are spent reading different threads and browsing on the web for answers. I'm sorry if my questions are stupid since most of you seem experts, but I'm still a beginner.

How to add triggers in idw's? We would like for the weight of the assembly to update automatically when opening the file. Also can the parts list be inserted automatically when the base component is inserted, either by a prompt or a rule. We use balloons to identify the components in an assembly, can this step also be automated?

I wish to learn how to do this stuff step by step, I don't want to be handed already done solutions. But you have to be patient because this is all new to me. Normally I'm a user and know I have to be a doer.

Thanks a lot.

Josee Laplante
BIM Drafting Technician

AutoCAD 2016
Inventor Professional 2016
Vault Professional 2016
Revit 2014
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: Josy05

Walk before you try to run.. Start with the basics of ilogic.. Part of that will be creating triggers.

Google search

"Autodesk Inventor ilogic examples" 

"Autodesk Inventor ilogic tutorials"

Curtis has tons of stuff on his site

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/trying-to-get-started-with-iLogic-who-or-where-has-t...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 3
Cadmanto
in reply to: Josy05

Josy,

I know I can help you with the one issue and that is the weight in your title block.  We set this up a few months back.

First thing to do is in the iproperties under the "Custom" tab, create a property called "TotalWT".

Then see the document below to setup the rule within your drawing template.

Then RC in the browser the title block under "Sheet:1" and select "Edit Definition".  tb.JPG

Create the text in the title block where you want the weight to be displayed and then format the text as per what I have shown below.

tb.JPG

As far as triggers go, you can find them here.

triggers.JPG

As far as your other questions in regards to the balloons, currently I am not aware of any automatic ballooning, but maybe you need to elaborate on this one to clarify exactly what you are looking for.

Hope this helps you.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report