Inventor General

Mentor
mehatfie
Message 1 of 5 (379 Views)

Trigger Custom Add-Ins Button through iLogic

379 Views, 4 Replies
02-10-2012 08:01 AM

Hi all,

I'm also trying to find a way to trigger an "Add-Ins" button that we have customized, and have it pop up on the closing of a form.

Please Advise.

Thanks

Mitch

*Expert Elite*
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 2 of 5 (371 Views)

Re: Trigger Custom Add-Ins Button through iLogic

02-10-2012 08:44 AM in reply to: mehatfie

Hi mhatfield,

I don't think you can access the button, instead I think you'll want to use AddReference to call the .dll for the addin as in the example below. In this example a .dll for a dialog box is being called.

I'm not sure how much that helps, but you might find more information on this by searching the Inventor Customization forum: 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor-Customization/bd-p/120

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

AddReference "myAddin.dll"

Using dlg As New myAddin.myAddin_Dialog1
  dlg.d0 = d0
  Dim i As Integer = dlg.ShowDialog()
  if i <> vbOK then return
  d0 =  dlg.d0
 End Using
 iLogicVb.UpdateWhenDone = True

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

Mentor
mehatfie
Message 3 of 5 (368 Views)

02-10-2012 08:46 AM in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Thank you for your help Curtis, I will look into seeing if this works and follow the link you provided for further assistance if needed.

Thanks

Mitch

Mentor
mehatfie
Message 4 of 5 (348 Views)

02-13-2012 07:35 AM in reply to: mehatfie

Hi Curtis,

I'm not sure that I actually want to access the button per say, but instead launch the dialog box. I'm not sure if this differs your answer in any way, but I searched the customization forum and found little information.

I found out the name off the .dll for the link, and placed it in the AddReference location which pretty well destroyed all of the rest of my code. So I tried applying the project name in which case an error appeared saying that inventor could not find the library.

Please advise if anyone can provide further assistance.

Thanks

Mitch

*Expert Elite*
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 5 of 5 (338 Views)

02-13-2012 09:59 AM in reply to: mehatfie

Hi Hi mhatfield,

I'm not sure I have a much more to offer, but you might create a post on the customization forum asking about this. I'm guessing somone who watches that fourm more, might have a better idea of how to go about this.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube