Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translate Inventor models to 3DS Max issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
david.sikes
541 Views, 2 Replies

Translate Inventor models to 3DS Max issue

Hi all,

We have three seats of network-licensend Inventor Pro '14 and 3DS Max Design '14. We regularly import Inventor parts and assemblies into 3DS Max and this method has worked great - retaining assemblies as groups and recognizing instances of parts...until yesterday. For some reason we suddenly cannot perform an import into 3DS Max or Suite Workflow out of Inventor. This is true for all three seats. If we initiate from 3DS Max, it crashes. If we initate from Inventor, we get an error:

AdWorkflowHost is unknown. Please check your synhub config file.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could have caused this, seemingly overnight?

Regards,

Dave

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
VisAnSpec
in reply to: david.sikes

Do I understand that you get individual parts when you import the Inventor Assembly.  When I do it I get one big mesh.  I want to animate the assembly I created but when I select it, it acts like one very complex part.  Do you know what I am doing wrong?

Randy Van Nostrand

256-655-0874

Message 3 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: david.sikes

Hmmm, common to 3 machines....

A Windows Update installed on my machine this morning.  You might try rolling that back first.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report