Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Styles to 2012 with STYXML File?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Kevin_Raymond
318 Views, 1 Reply

Transfer Styles to 2012 with STYXML File?

HI,

My company recently upgraded to Inventor 2012 from 2011. I had a couple drawing templates that contained some different styles than that of the default template. I was able to do this before by changing "Use Style Library = No" in the project settings previously, but this option has been removed in 2012. Is there any way I can Achieve this in 2012?

I don't seem to see a place to import a STYXML file. Is there any way I can either update the default to the styles in the STYXML file or use the styles located in the template by default?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
SBix26
in reply to: Kevin_Raymond

This is precisely what the style library is for.  It's a repository for all your styles, and can be set up with multiple different standards.  We have three: Inch, dual dimension, and metric.  We have two templates, inch and metric.  The inch template uses the inch standard by default, but can be switched to dual; the metric template uses the metric standard by default.

Styles and style libraries can be difficult to get your head around, but once you do, they make life so much simpler.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report