Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total weight of a part list

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
chorch123
498 Views, 3 Replies

Total weight of a part list

Hello,

i know that this topic could be a old one, but i've been unable to find a proper answer.

i have an already edited part list (because there are parts that come from different assemblies and other ones that don't have to appear in that part list) and i like to show the total weight of my drawing, that doesn't correspond with any assembly.

So, there is any possibility of summing up the values of a part list column.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blair
in reply to: chorch123

No, since you are already using an "edited" parts list that bears no resemblance to any model, you might as well just import/link an Excel spread sheet that you can at least use the SUM function as well as produce the extended line weights.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 4
chorch123
in reply to: blair

Thank you very much.

I'll probably use an excel sheet.

Is there any way to automatically have associated an excel sheet with the part list?

Message 4 of 4
petrxn
in reply to: chorch123

Better is, if possible, edit BOM in assembly, use virtual components, or edit quantity directly in model BOM. Then the calcalted weight in drawing will be OK. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report