Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too complex for Inventor?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
525 Views, 3 Replies

Too complex for Inventor?

I got a wheel with tapered inside rims, axle and high spokes (with rounded edges towards the outside of the wheel). The spokes need to be connected with fillets to both the axle and the rim. Now while the fillets to the axle went fine, the ones to the rim keep on coming up as "too complicated" for both inventor and fusion (and not at all for SW).

This seems strange since the axle seems a lot more complex then the rim (to me at least) and shapes like these need to be milled more often in varied industries. Wat am I doing wrong, or what am I overlooking? (and don't tell me to sketch an arc and sweep that along the edges... because that is what fillet is supposed to do already.)

Picture shows what part, and what it should look like.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jakefowler
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Many thanks for posting this issue! You're right, it looks like should be able to handle this case. However, it's difficult to investigate a modelling failure without first having a look at the model - would it be possible to attach the IPT to the forum? If you prefer, you can email me the model directly (see my profile for my email address). I can then pass this on to the development team for investigation.

With regards to the error mesage stating that the inputs are "too complicated" - I'm afraid this is just a case where the error message doesn't seem to quite match the situation! We try to make the error message text as accurate and as useful as possible, but these messages are based on the mode of modelling failure - and what looks like a simple operation may actually be "complicated" situation for the modeller. However, we are continually looking to improve our error reporting mechanisms. In analysing this problem I'll also look into what can be done to improve the error feedback for this situation.

Thanks again!

Jake

Jake Fowler
Principal Experience Designer
Fusion 360
Autodesk

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: jakefowler

Thank you but the contact box on your profile appears empty to me and I do not see an email addy anywhere else.

Message 4 of 4
jakefowler
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

My apologies; it looks visible, but maybe that's just for me! I'll see if I can fix that...

Anyway, it's jake.fowler@autodesk.com.

Thanks!

Jake

Jake Fowler
Principal Experience Designer
Fusion 360
Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report