Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tolerance +/- symbol alignment

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
-niels-
347 Views, 2 Replies

Tolerance +/- symbol alignment

Can someone if they're seeing the same behavior for these symbol alignments, preferably also in earlier version of inventor?

Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.

In the video i'm showing an A2 sized sheet, the effect is less apparent on smaller sizes but still noticable.

Any insight into why it does this would also be appreciated.

But i'm mainly trying to establish if this is worth opening a support ticket for...

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
conklinjm
in reply to: -niels-

Using Inventor 2010, the same thing occurs -- the plus/minus shifts depending on which of the justification options are chosen for the deviation tolerance display; however, the magnitude of the shift is only noticeable when the size of the tolerance text is significantly different from the size of the dimension text.  For example at 75%, the signs (while shifted) don't appear that bad -- but at 25%, the signs almost overlap.

HTH

Message 3 of 3
-niels-
in reply to: conklinjm

Thank you for checking.

The size difference is something i noticed as well, on our A4 sized sheet the text has a smaller difference compared to the A2 in my video and it is as you describe.

I wonder if this is "as designed" or if it might be a bug.
I'll wait for a bit more response here before opening a ticket.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report