Inventor General

AMontembeault
Message 1 of 4 (620 Views)

Tolerance Analysis

620 Views, 3 Replies
09-04-2012 06:57 AM

Would anyone happen to know of a user-friendly, integrated solution for tolerance analysis for Inventor? Im looking for something like CETOL for solidworks and pro-e, but havent been able to find anything. The "worst case" tolerance analysis that inventor offers natively is cumbersome to use, and insufficient for my needs due to its inabillity to work with GD+T at the model level (which CETOL does). I've written Monte Carlo based tolerance analysis spreadsheets, but its very time consuming, not easy to communicate to my fellow designers who may not be so statistically savvy, and difficult to implement GD+T into for 3d analysis. I looked an MITcalc and ToleranceCalc 6.0, but these seem too confusing and don't really have all the functionality I want.

If any autodesk developers are reading this, I'd give an arm and a leg for the abillity to add GD+T at the model level and perform statistical tolerance analysis natively. It seems Inventor is the only mainstream 3D package without this functionality, as near as I can tell, either natively or supported by 3rd parties.

r_johnr
Message 2 of 4 (404 Views)

Re: Tolerance Analysis

07-10-2013 08:44 AM in reply to: AMontembeault

I agree fully with the above comment.

Distinguished Mentor
john.retzlaff
Message 3 of 4 (365 Views)

07-12-2013 10:35 AM in reply to: AMontembeault

I really could use this capability also.

John Retzlaff
Valued Contributor
spackle42
Message 4 of 4 (325 Views)

07-15-2013 06:31 PM in reply to: AMontembeault
Sounds like one for the Idea Station

Justin Smith

Inventor Pro 2014 SP2
HP Z400 Workstation
Intel Xeon W3565 @ 3.20GHz
12Gb RAM
Win 7 64 Pro SP1
Spacepilot Pro v3.17.4

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube