Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To change a part's name that has multiple insertions in assemblies

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Karol-Or
469 Views, 2 Replies

To change a part's name that has multiple insertions in assemblies

I have 2 assemblies and drawings of those assemblies. in both the same part is among the parts.

I want to change the name of the part that is in both assemblies with the Design Assistant, but i am afraid that if i will choose one of them and change the part file's name, the other assembly will be damaged. is it true?

I think this might happen because when i open only the part in Design Assistant, it doesn't let me change it's name, so, Design Assistant might not know where this part is inserted in.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
-niels-
in reply to: Karol-Or

True, if you change it for 1 assembly in the DA the other assembly will no longer find the filename and give you the resolve dialog box to point it to the proper file again.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 3 of 3
harco
in reply to: Karol-Or

Create a dummy assembly containing both your existing assemblies. Use the dummy in Design Assistant to change the part file's name. This will propagate down through. Or just change the name in explorer and resolve both links.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report