Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title block from ACAD issues...

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Joe_Banger
273 Views, 1 Reply

Title block from ACAD issues...

Hello,

I have a project finished for a client (parts and assemblies using inventor) and now need to detail it.

The format they required is Autocad, and they've provided me with a titleblock in autocad format.

When I make my drawings in inventor (as a dwg) i want to then open them in ACAD and place them within the title block which has been provided to me.  This is much quicker than trying to shoehorn the template into the inventor format (have wasted a lot of time trying to do this, issues with not printing, logos coming up 3 x scale, unable to centralise template).

My issue is that it comes into paperspace, I want in modelspace so i can manipulate the drawings, move them around etc.

Any clues as to how i get my .dwg from inventor into autocad modelspace without placing each view separately as a block (also time consuming)?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CCarreiras
in reply to: Joe_Banger

Hi!

You can do this: first you Create and save your DWG or IDW based in the 3D model.

To open these Inventor DWG's in Autocad, do this:

Export your DWG to create a new file to open and edit in Autocad.

See Image 1

You have 2 options to export the file, Chose "Autocad DWG Files". (Tip:Change the folder or rename the files.)

See Image 2

Open the new file in Autocad: you have now the model in Model space.

See Image 3

Attention, now this exported file its "disconected" from inventor, if you change the 3D model in inventor, doesn't change these export files.

So, its better to have always the original Inventor dwg or idw (the one's you use to export and create the ACAD DWG).

Regards.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report