Inventor General

pcourethane
Message 1 of 4 (337 Views)

Title Block with a design

337 Views, 3 Replies
09-06-2011 01:48 PM

I have created a title block that has our logo on it.  Every time I try to open the dwg file once it is saved, it can not find the logo.  Is there a way to create a title block with our logo and have it not do this every time?  I get an error saying it is not found in project and then I have to search for it.

Valued Contributor
Hell-If-I-Know
Message 2 of 4 (332 Views)

Re: Title Block with a design

09-06-2011 02:04 PM in reply to: pcourethane

Can you post the template file?

What did you use as a logo? A jpeg, bitmap?

I know there were many issues a few releases ago when inserting logos as bitmaps or jpeg, etc. but I'm pretty sure that's been fixed.

The last template I had to make luckily had a very simple logo and I sketched it in and x-hatched it.

But if you can post the template file with the logo file, I'll see what I can do.

BTW - what version of Inventor are you on? I'm on 2012.

pcourethane
Message 3 of 4 (324 Views)

09-06-2011 02:17 PM in reply to: Hell-If-I-Know

I am now using 2012.  The problem is that all of the old dwg files were done under Inventor 10.  So all of the title blocks contained btmep files for the logo.  I have created a new title block for all future dwg that will work.  However when I am trying to update all of the old files to change over to the new title block it doesn't seem to remember the change in the title block and the saves I did and still acts like it is missing the file.

*Expert Elite*
Mark_Flayler
Message 4 of 4 (319 Views)

09-06-2011 02:39 PM in reply to: pcourethane

Have you installed SP1 yet?  I seem to recall there was a fix in there for this.

Mark Flayler Application Engineer - Manufacturing Solutions Division
IMAGINiT's Manufacturing Solutions Blog:
http://blogs.rand.com/manufacturing/

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube