I'm making an iPart for publishing to the CC. The trouble I'm having is with the BSP Taper External thread. Every time I switch between the iParts I get this message.
And when I edit the Table I get this message.
Through the forum and Google searches it appears that I need to add the Thread Class to the Table, which I have done. But the Thread.xls file does not have a Class for BSP Taper External. And when I edit the thread there is no option to select a Class. I tried by adding a Class row into Thread.xls but this was not pulled through into Inventor when I edit the thread.
I have attached the iPart incase anybody can help me with this.
Have you tried with other threads?
The "When I edit the table" message looks like it is looking in the wrong column - but the way it shifted doesn't make sense to me, how many columns did you add?
The most important part is how does it work as a part? What sort of errors do you get when you place/switch it in an assembly?
I have had problems with threads in iParts as well and I'm probably not being any help, but if you do figure something out it might help me. (It's been a while, I think I just copped out and made a copy for each row and deleted the tables from them.)
I ended up geting it to work for can't really explain how/why. The Thread1esignation grabs the value from the Thread.xls file, so it was putting values like R 1/2 into the cell. During my experiments with this I tried removing the R and the space, so the values change to just the fraction size like 1/2 and 3/4. While the iPart still complains about this when switching sizes I was able to successfully autohor and publish the factory to the CC for Tube & Pipe runs.
I have my VAR looking at it also. Can't help but feel that I'm missing something, or that the process is flawed to start with. If I learn any more I'll post it.