Inventor General

Valued Mentor
BLHDrafting
Message 1 of 3 (221 Views)

Thread designation in iPart

221 Views, 2 Replies
04-16-2013 05:22 PM

I'm making an iPart for publishing to the CC. The trouble I'm having is with the BSP Taper External thread. Every time I switch between the iParts I get this message.

ipart1.png

And when I edit the Table I get this message.

ipart2.png

Through the forum and Google searches it appears that I need to add the Thread Class to the Table, which I have done. But the Thread.xls file does not have a Class for BSP Taper External. And when I edit the thread there is no option to select a Class. I tried by adding a Class row into Thread.xls but this was not pulled through into Inventor when I edit the thread.

ipart3.png

I have attached the iPart incase anybody can help me with this.

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blh.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2013 PDS Premium SP2 Update 3 (Build 200), Vault 2013 Workgroup Update 2 (Build 17.2.9.0)
*Expert Elite*
dan_inv09
Message 2 of 3 (185 Views)

Re: Thread designation in iPart

04-17-2013 09:20 AM in reply to: BLHDrafting

Have you tried with other threads?

The "When I edit the table" message looks like it is looking in the wrong column - but the way it shifted doesn't make sense to me, how many columns did you add?

The most important part is how does it work as a part? What sort of errors do you get when you place/switch it in an assembly?

I have had problems with threads in iParts as well and I'm probably not being any help, but if you do figure something out it might help me. (It's been a while, I think I just copped out and made a copy for each row and deleted the tables from them.)

Valued Mentor
BLHDrafting
Message 3 of 3 (174 Views)

Re: Thread designation in iPart

04-17-2013 03:27 PM in reply to: dan_inv09

Hey Dan.

I ended up geting it to work for can't really explain how/why. The Thread1:smileyvery-happy:esignation grabs the value from the Thread.xls file, so it was putting values like R 1/2 into the cell. During my experiments with this I tried removing the R and the space, so the values change to just the fraction size like 1/2 and 3/4. While the iPart still complains about this when switching sizes I was able to successfully autohor and publish the factory to the CC for Tube & Pipe runs.

I have my VAR looking at it also. Can't help but feel that I'm missing something, or that the process is flawed to start with. If I learn any more I'll post it.

Cheers :smileyhappy:

thread.png

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blh.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2013 PDS Premium SP2 Update 3 (Build 200), Vault 2013 Workgroup Update 2 (Build 17.2.9.0)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube