Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thread designation in iPart

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
BLHDrafting
468 Views, 2 Replies

Thread designation in iPart

I'm making an iPart for publishing to the CC. The trouble I'm having is with the BSP Taper External thread. Every time I switch between the iParts I get this message.

ipart1.png

And when I edit the Table I get this message.

ipart2.png

Through the forum and Google searches it appears that I need to add the Thread Class to the Table, which I have done. But the Thread.xls file does not have a Class for BSP Taper External. And when I edit the thread there is no option to select a Class. I tried by adding a Class row into Thread.xls but this was not pulled through into Inventor when I edit the thread.

ipart3.png

I have attached the iPart incase anybody can help me with this.

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dan_inv09
in reply to: BLHDrafting

Have you tried with other threads?

The "When I edit the table" message looks like it is looking in the wrong column - but the way it shifted doesn't make sense to me, how many columns did you add?

The most important part is how does it work as a part? What sort of errors do you get when you place/switch it in an assembly?

I have had problems with threads in iParts as well and I'm probably not being any help, but if you do figure something out it might help me. (It's been a while, I think I just copped out and made a copy for each row and deleted the tables from them.)

Message 3 of 3
BLHDrafting
in reply to: dan_inv09

Hey Dan.

I ended up geting it to work for can't really explain how/why. The Thread1:Designation grabs the value from the Thread.xls file, so it was putting values like R 1/2 into the cell. During my experiments with this I tried removing the R and the space, so the values change to just the fraction size like 1/2 and 3/4. While the iPart still complains about this when switching sizes I was able to successfully autohor and publish the factory to the CC for Tube & Pipe runs.

I have my VAR looking at it also. Can't help but feel that I'm missing something, or that the process is flawed to start with. If I learn any more I'll post it.

Cheers 🙂

thread.png

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report