Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thread Modeler Plug In for Autodesk Inventor Professional

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
AkashMunshi
2593 Views, 5 Replies

Thread Modeler Plug In for Autodesk Inventor Professional

Hi everyone,

I am having some trouble with the thread modeler plug in. When ever I have used the plug in- I only end up getting one revolution (view attached file- one side has a physical thread and the other has threads using the modeler). Colleagues of mine at another institution have been getting 2 revolutions, which in turn produced a larger hole (the correct dimensions) with the threads. Mine on the other and have produced a small hole but I do see threads. I have also tried to create physical threads, which have worked in some instances.

So my question here is: With using this plug in, am I supposed to get 2 revolutions or 1 revolution? Also, is it possible that I downloaded a different version of the modeler?

Thank you,

Akash Munshi

SLU Chemistry

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

It might be tools/document settings/ modeling tab / tapped hole diameter 

On a seperate note, i would put the tapped hole straight in instead of creating a hole and putting a thread on it

Capture2.PNG

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Message 3 of 6
Mario428
in reply to: AkashMunshi

isn't the thread feature only for external threads and then only gives the rough appreance of threads.

If for what ever reason you need the threaded hole to look like a threaded hole you either need to start your coil outside the part or push it in both directions so it breaks out of the part.

Still trying to undertand why a tapped hole has look like a tapped hole. You would have to manually add the tyhread information when detailing the part. A hole feature is much smarter and easier.

Message 4 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: Mario428

@Mario428 wrote:

Still trying to undertand why a tapped hole has look like a tapped hole. ...

One reason might be for 3D printing.

The part looks like a school projects - a lot of students are 3D printing their designs.

It is "cool" to be able the assemble threaded parts after printing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 6
AkashMunshi

Thanks for the reply. The microfluidic device I am trying to create is for 3-D printing and I do need to have threads for external fittings to get connected. The reason for my post was to find out if anyone else was having trouble with 1 or 2 revolutions put in using the thread modeler.

Message 6 of 6
JDMather

I just model my own threads rather than rely on a 3rd party solution.

There are some additional considerations for 3D printing as the printing process isn't particularly precise.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report