Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thread Command

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
SimonBritton
1566 Views, 8 Replies

Thread Command

Hi

Since installing inventor 2012, the thread command does not seem to work. When I try to edit a thread created in 2011 that works fine

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Simon

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
SBix26
in reply to: SimonBritton

What do you mean by "does not seem to work"?  Does it crash Inventor?  pretend to apply threads, but then no feature appears in the tree?  feature appears in the tree but no threads in the model?  Can you create threaded holes with the Hole tool?

Message 3 of 9

Please see the suggestions given in this post. They should help also in your case.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Threaded-holes-option-is-unselectable/td-p/2998574

Daniela Koloszko

Message 4 of 9
SimonBritton
in reply to: SBix26

Hi Sam

When I try to thread a hole or a stud, I click on the thread icon, nothing happens. The Icon changes colour, but thats it

I have followed the thread from Daniela Koloszk and changed the registry as described. When I restarted inventor and tried to thread a hole, I got the error message

Error in sheet 1 thread family: Unit string in cell A1 is incorrect

Regards

Simon

Message 5 of 9

We have seen such error when Inventor is trying to read an old Thread.xls file from an old project location. If you upgraded Inventor and didn't update your thread.xls file, this may be the reason. If you create a new project in Inventor 2012 , does the error appear? You need to see in the active project what the Design data directory is. This location should have the correct version of the spreadsheet.

Daniela Koloszko

Message 6 of 9
SBix26

Is it possible that the dialog box is off the screen?  Did you formerly use two screens and now only one?

The error message you are receiving after changing the registry seems to indicate a faulty thread spreadsheet (threads.xls, located in your Design Data folder).  Is yours customized in any way?

Can you create a threaded hole using the Hole tool?

Message 7 of 9
SimonBritton

I had a problem previously with style definition conflicts. I was advised to set up a temp folder with mystyles in the folder. Then in projects, direct the design data in folder options to that temp folder.

I have just changed folder options back to the original destination and i can now use the thread command, unfortunately when I open a new drawing the styles definition conflict has returned

Regards

Simon

Message 8 of 9
SBix26

Just copy the threads.xls file from the original Design Data folder (where it works) to the temp folder.

Message 9 of 9
SimonBritton

That seems to have sorted out the problem

Many thanks

Simon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report