Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This one is fun....

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
cbenner
472 Views, 8 Replies

This one is fun....

Just for kicks, make a lot of changes to a Content Center family table, and then accidentally hit the ESC key, thinking it will back you out of what you are typing.  Go ahead,... see what it does.  Smiley Frustrated

But seriously, ESC while editing any field of a CC family table, EXITS the editor, losing anything you've typed in up to that point.Smiley Mad

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Cadmanto
in reply to: cbenner

Chris,

Doesn't it really stink to learn this the hard way? Smiley Sad

I have found this same action happens in other windows as well in Inventor.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

When they said escape, they meant it 🙂 but I feel your pain!

Message 5 of 9
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

I feel for you. At least you didn't work all day on a large model with many edits without saving as so many of our younger posters do.

You must have discouvered an "Issue" with CC Smiley LOL

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 9
Cadmanto
in reply to: blair

My day ended having to finish two large drawings before I could leave for the day.  The fun began when I crashed 4 consectutive times while simply trying to edit a dimension.  Ended up staying an extra 40 minutes.  Welcome back to work!!!!  Smiley Sad

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 8 of 9
cbenner
in reply to: Cadmanto

@Cadmanto wrote:

My day ended having to finish two large drawings before I could leave for the day.  The fun began when I crashed 4 consectutive times while simply trying to edit a dimension.  Ended up staying an extra 40 minutes.  Welcome back to work!!!! 

Have you installed SP2 yet?  It's supposed to address some of the premature exit "issues".  Wait... are you on 2013?

Message 9 of 9
Cadmanto

Chris,

Funny you should mention that.  I am still on 2012.

I just found out prior to going to SF that I was still on SP 1.0 where as everyone else was on SP 2.0

I just called IT and got the SP so I am upgrading as we speak.

Thanks for the reminder.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report