Inventor General

Distinguished Contributor
petercharles
Message 11 of 15 (551 Views)

Re: Third Angle Projection for all projects and drawings in Inventor 2010

01-03-2010 02:33 PM in reply to: torque22
As far as I can tell if you create a drawing as 1st angle, change the style for 3rd angle nothing happens unless you create some new projections. These new projections are then drawn as 3rd angle but the original projections remain as 1st angle.
msklein
Message 12 of 15 (551 Views)

01-03-2010 02:41 PM in reply to: torque22
that would be correct but i believe what he was asking for was how to change over his formats. I hope he was not thinking that changing the projection would change the views also. I was just pointing out that PRO-E can do across the system changes to the templets and IV can not.
msk
petercharles
Message 13 of 15 (551 Views)

01-04-2010 03:28 AM in reply to: torque22

The original post is a little ambiguous in it's phrasing and could be interpreted as wanting to change the projection of EXISTING drawings OR just to change the template for NEW drawings to be 3rd angle.

msklein
Message 14 of 15 (551 Views)

01-04-2010 07:24 AM in reply to: torque22
granted i agree with you
msk
Mark_Playle
Message 15 of 15 (281 Views)

How to set Third Angle Projection in Inventor 2010 2012 2013 etc

01-24-2013 01:42 AM in reply to: torque22

I had this problem too in Inventor 2013

Basically you need to have a drawing open (1st or 3rd angle) otherwise the menus relating to drawings are not available.

Then, go to the Manage tab, select Styles Editor and then you can change the settings in your chosen standard.

NB. In Inventor 2013 you can change the default template at the Welcome screen (Welcome button on the Get Started tab)

So change your style to what you want at startup (Get Started) eg. ISO mm, then go to Styles Editor and change the settings for that Style to what you want, eg. Third Angle Projection and then Save the style to the drawing. Then go to the Manage tab, and hit Save to save Styles from the current document to the Style library.

Mark

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube