Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks for SP1...but

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
135 Views, 4 Replies

Thanks for SP1...but

First, don't get me wrong, I enjoy working with IV and am grateful for SP1 hitting the web at the same time I'm going to my first upgrade from 6 to 7. But, knowing the complaints about rushing things out the door, wouldn't you want to put your best foot forward? I know that the engineering world is not known for it's communication skills, but when I glanced (as in "didn't nit pick or read carefully") through the READ ME file on the SP1 download page, I was disheartened to see

Endless loop wen opening drawing which has a leader that referecnces an unresolved part parameter
I mean, can't Adesk afford the 15 seconds needed for a spellcheck before going public on this? What does that tell me about the product itself? Not one, but two mistakes in a single sentence? Maybe those are the only two in the release and I just happened to have them catch my eye...its possible.

I hope you understand this is a tongue in cheek venting, but it does have a point. I'm not upset, just a disappointed, and I'll be supporting your product into the future (just not asking you to build a spellchecker into anything, lol).
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

errr, didn't work out my formatting before hitting enter (hence the bold lettering when I meant to end my quote). I guess I'm using the right CAD software then, aren't I?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

What a coincidence. Exactly the same thing
happens when we create readme files: we send them before finishing the
formatting.

Let's stick to the saying: "Errare humanum
est".

Bob

Workflow QA

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
errr,
didn't work out my formatting before hitting enter (hence the bold lettering
when I meant to end my quote). I guess I'm using the right CAD software then,
aren't I?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Ever watch the crawl on the cable news networks (CNN, MSNBC, etc.)? Watch for more than 5 minutes and you will see typos or wrong words. I was reading an EPA manual today that mentioned 'stainless steal'. We've become addicted to spell-checkers (when we use them) and think typos don't matter as everyone does it - even the wire services and national newspapers. This society needs a roaming band of surly 19th-century school marms to rap knuckles for poor spelling and grammar.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Oh, they'd have a heyday on this newsgroup 😉

tbrack wrote:
> Ever watch the crawl on the cable news networks (CNN, MSNBC, etc.)?
> Watch for more than 5 minutes and you will see typos or wrong words. I
> was reading an EPA manual today that mentioned 'stainless steal'. We've
> become addicted to spell-checkers (when we use them) and think typos
> don't matter as everyone does it - even the wire services and national
> newspapers. This society needs a roaming band of surly 19th-century
> school marms to rap knuckles for poor spelling and grammar.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report