Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Textur Manipulators - XY Manipulation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bryndisbe
1133 Views, 4 Replies

Textur Manipulators - XY Manipulation

Hi everyone,

I have a Problem with the Textur Manipulators. I made a new Textur from a Picture that I had, then I wanted to roatate and position the picture on the 2D Surface sheet metall, that I constructed in 3D.

I cant move the Picture in x or y-direction. I can rotate it and scale it but not wove it in x-y direction.

Are there some installations that I have to make, to have the possibility to move the picture on the surface?

(I have tried to move the in the Text manipulator and in the "Darstellungs-Browser" for the Textures)

Can somebody help me

Thank you

Smiley Happy

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
in reply to: bryndisbe

I have same problem!!

Message 3 of 5

I found the solution))
such movement only works in realistic textures mode

Message 4 of 5
DanielKruger

This has become a major problem in my drawings. I use a .jpg to apply the texture of grout lines on our products however, without being able to move the texture on the surface I cannot match the grout lines where one surface meets another. My boss is not excited that the grout lines don't match up but I don't know what to do about it.

Why would Rotate and Scale work in shaded mode but Move only work in Realistic? Considering you can't use Realistic in your drawing files anyways.

Message 5 of 5
bryndisbe

I have found out, that the quickest way to do something like that is to use decals. Information can be found in the wikiHelp.

it is not the Surface itself but it is something 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report