Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Templates not used depending on method used to create new part file?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
240 Views, 3 Replies

Templates not used depending on method used to create new part file?

I have found that if I use the drop-down to select a new part file, it does not use the default (and only) part template in my templates folder.  I know this as there are several settings that do not match.  If I click on the icon to open the new part dialog, it displays my templates (part, assy & drw) and creates the new file based on those accordingly.

Any particular reason for this?  Any setting that needs to be changed to correct this behavior?

Doug

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ampster401
in reply to: Anonymous

you will need to rename the modified template file to "Standard.ipt" in order to use that.

Same goes for any other template you've modified and desire to use that quick select new template file option.

HTH

Message 3 of 4
cbenner

I think, depending on how many templates you may have in the future, that the quick answer is: don't use that button. Grab the "I", then New, and it will take you to your designated Templates folder.

As mentioned, the only other way is to make sure YOUR template is named Standard.iam, ipt etc.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Acknowledged.

Wow.  That was actually an easy one.

Thanks...  Doug

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report