Inventor General

Contributor
CCrabtree1
Message 1 of 11 (239 Views)

Template modification

239 Views, 10 Replies
10-04-2013 06:06 AM

I hope someone can help me on this.  I have had a dwg. template that I have used for quite some time.  I recently decided I needed to update it.  In doing do I  added a new sheet and modified an existing title block to use on the new sheet.  Now the new sheet is there when I start a new dwg. but the names are still there from the modified title block.  If I open the template directly its all correct, if i start a create a new dwg only parts of it are correct.  I've tried changing my styles to read/write and tried to save it as many different ways I can think of but it just won't cooperate.  Somebody please tell me what I'm missing.

Windows 7 64 bit
16 GB ram
Intel i7 2600 3.4 ghz
AMD radeon HD 6450
PDSU 2013
*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 2 of 11 (225 Views)

Re: Template modification

10-04-2013 07:24 AM in reply to: CCrabtree1

Post the file here so we can look it over.  No other way to know what's wrong with it.

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

Contributor
CCrabtree1
Message 3 of 11 (220 Views)

10-04-2013 07:31 AM in reply to: cbenner

It won't let me attach it, too big.  2 KB with a 1.5 KB limit

Windows 7 64 bit
16 GB ram
Intel i7 2600 3.4 ghz
AMD radeon HD 6450
PDSU 2013
*Expert Elite*
mrattray
Message 4 of 11 (215 Views)

10-04-2013 07:36 AM in reply to: CCrabtree1
Did you try zipping it?
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 5 of 11 (215 Views)

10-04-2013 07:37 AM in reply to: CCrabtree1

Couple of things.  When you made the changes to your template did you do a file save as template?

template.JPG

Second, the changes you made were they to the same template as the one on your template directory?  Might sound like aa silly question, but I have seen where there are two in two different locations unbenounced to the user.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
Inventor Professional 2013
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Contributor
CCrabtree1
Message 6 of 11 (207 Views)

10-04-2013 07:49 AM in reply to: Cadmanto

I have tried doing it both ways. Opening the template directly and changing it and then saving the changes.  Then when that wasn't working completely I tried creating a dwg. making the changes and then saving it as a template, both had the same result (usually me banging my head on my desk).  Also, just to make sure I was changing the right template file I removed the template completely and then tried to create one and it wasn't there.  And, like I mentioned earlier when I open the template directly from the template folder all is correct, its just when I try to create a new dwg. that half of it still shows up wrong.  I haven't zipped a file in years, I don't know if i even have the program to do so.  I will try to figure that out so I can attach it.

Windows 7 64 bit
16 GB ram
Intel i7 2600 3.4 ghz
AMD radeon HD 6450
PDSU 2013
*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 7 of 11 (192 Views)

10-04-2013 10:01 AM in reply to: CCrabtree1

Sounds like you have covered a lot of bases.  To zip the files tag them in windows explorer then RC while they are still tagged and select the following.

zip.JPG

You do have admin rights to your PC, right?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Contributor
CCrabtree1
Message 8 of 11 (185 Views)

10-04-2013 10:20 AM in reply to: Cadmanto

Ok, so I figured out what was making it so big and fixed it.  Here is the new version.

Windows 7 64 bit
16 GB ram
Intel i7 2600 3.4 ghz
AMD radeon HD 6450
PDSU 2013
*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 9 of 11 (127 Views)

03-27-2014 03:11 PM in reply to: CCrabtree1

I am sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this.

Anyway, I opened up the drawing template and the first think I nioticed was it was looking for some .bmp file.

banner.jpg

Now, I reread through your initial posting and you might have to remind me exactly what the issue was.

I know in calling up the template itself and then using it as a new drawing I saw no difference.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 10 of 11 (107 Views)

03-28-2014 08:02 AM in reply to: CCrabtree1

I also noticed when opening up your template file, in the preview, there appears to be model views associated.

Is this the case?

views.jpg

Did you create this template using a copy save as from another existing model drawing?  My suggestion would be to start clean with a fresh brand new template with no model association.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube