Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template modification

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
CCrabtree1
525 Views, 10 Replies

Template modification

I hope someone can help me on this.  I have had a dwg. template that I have used for quite some time.  I recently decided I needed to update it.  In doing do I  added a new sheet and modified an existing title block to use on the new sheet.  Now the new sheet is there when I start a new dwg. but the names are still there from the modified title block.  If I open the template directly its all correct, if i start a create a new dwg only parts of it are correct.  I've tried changing my styles to read/write and tried to save it as many different ways I can think of but it just won't cooperate.  Somebody please tell me what I'm missing.

Windows 7 64 bit
16 GB ram
Intel i7 2600 3.4 ghz
AMD radeon HD 6450
PDSU 2013
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
cbenner
in reply to: CCrabtree1
Message 3 of 11
CCrabtree1
in reply to: cbenner

It won't let me attach it, too big.  2 KB with a 1.5 KB limit

Windows 7 64 bit
16 GB ram
Intel i7 2600 3.4 ghz
AMD radeon HD 6450
PDSU 2013
Message 4 of 11
mrattray

Did you try zipping it?
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 11
Cadmanto

Couple of things.  When you made the changes to your template did you do a file save as template?

template.JPG

Second, the changes you made were they to the same template as the one on your template directory?  Might sound like aa silly question, but I have seen where there are two in two different locations unbenounced to the user.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 6 of 11
CCrabtree1
in reply to: Cadmanto

I have tried doing it both ways. Opening the template directly and changing it and then saving the changes.  Then when that wasn't working completely I tried creating a dwg. making the changes and then saving it as a template, both had the same result (usually me banging my head on my desk).  Also, just to make sure I was changing the right template file I removed the template completely and then tried to create one and it wasn't there.  And, like I mentioned earlier when I open the template directly from the template folder all is correct, its just when I try to create a new dwg. that half of it still shows up wrong.  I haven't zipped a file in years, I don't know if i even have the program to do so.  I will try to figure that out so I can attach it.

Windows 7 64 bit
16 GB ram
Intel i7 2600 3.4 ghz
AMD radeon HD 6450
PDSU 2013
Message 7 of 11
Cadmanto

Sounds like you have covered a lot of bases.  To zip the files tag them in windows explorer then RC while they are still tagged and select the following.

zip.JPG

You do have admin rights to your PC, right?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 8 of 11
CCrabtree1

Ok, so I figured out what was making it so big and fixed it.  Here is the new version.

Windows 7 64 bit
16 GB ram
Intel i7 2600 3.4 ghz
AMD radeon HD 6450
PDSU 2013
Message 9 of 11
Cadmanto

I am sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this.

Anyway, I opened up the drawing template and the first think I nioticed was it was looking for some .bmp file.

banner.jpg

Now, I reread through your initial posting and you might have to remind me exactly what the issue was.

I know in calling up the template itself and then using it as a new drawing I saw no difference.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 10 of 11
Cadmanto

I also noticed when opening up your template file, in the preview, there appears to be model views associated.

Is this the case?

views.jpg

Did you create this template using a copy save as from another existing model drawing?  My suggestion would be to start clean with a fresh brand new template with no model association.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 11 of 11
CCrabtree1

I also apologize for taking so long to get back to this.  Mostly because everything works just fine its just appearance and nomenclature that I am having a problem with.  So the original and ongoing problem is that my drawing prompts and their description in the tree are wrong.  I modified my B size title block to make my D size sheet and everything works but like I said the prompts are wrong.  If I open the dwg. template directly from the template folder everything is correct.  It's just when I start a new dwg. through the inventor menu.  I don't know what you mean about having some preloaded view in the preview.  The picture you are showing (Cadmanto) is a picture that shows up no matter what title block I select whether it be mine or a preloaded one from Autodesk.  I don't see any views in the preview box above it, not on my computer anyways.

Windows 7 64 bit
16 GB ram
Intel i7 2600 3.4 ghz
AMD radeon HD 6450
PDSU 2013

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report