Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template based style problem

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
ulvi_r
634 Views, 10 Replies

Template based style problem

Gents,

What is the way to sort this problem out? How can i save edited style?

Best regards,

Ulvi.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Cadmanto
in reply to: ulvi_r

Ulvi,

Open up your template and go to the "Manage" tab.

Select this command.

styles.PNG

Then save your template and this will eliminate that message.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 11
SBix26
in reply to: Cadmanto

@Cadmanto wrote:

Ulvi,

Open up your template and go to the "Manage" tab.

Select this command.

Then save your template and this will eliminate that message.

... but if the styles in your template are the ones you wanted to keep, they're lost!  So it depends on which styles you want to keep.

In order to save your styles to your style library, your project's Use Style Library setting has to be Read-Write, then the Save Styles to Style Library button will be enabled.  Use this to save your template's styles to the library.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 2
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
HP EliteBook 8770w; 8 GB RAM; Core™ i7-3720QM 2.60 GHz; Quadro K4000M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.16.2
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Message 4 of 11
Cadmanto
in reply to: SBix26

Sam,

Good point.  To further your point, making the Master Project file read-write will enable the styles editor to be saved and updated.

Again you have to be careful like you said.  Which ones to you want and which ones don't you want.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 11
ulvi_r

Many thanks for quick reply.the think that I am trying to do is remain this situation without this problems.the question actually is about possibility of saving style as a new one. I want export this style and save as a new one.is this possible?
Message 6 of 11
Cadmanto

Not sure exactly which style you are talking about because in your image there are many different styles being shown.

You can create your own standard with in the styles editor and then save those styles listed as the default within that new standard.

If this is what you think you want to do let me know and I will try and step you through it.

But in the mean time you need to figure out what you have in your styles editor and decide what you want to keep and what you want to go.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 7 of 11
ulvi_r

In the styles editor tab I have created my own standard but because of when I did it inventor refered currently activated standard again opening refers to that standard and gives warning as shown in picture. Any help is appreciated
Message 8 of 11
ulvi_r

Gents,
Many thanks.I have sorted the problem out.
Best regards,
Ulvi
Message 9 of 11

In case you didn't know, Inventor stopped using "styles" I think in the 2012 release or something along those lines.

These "styles" are now refered to as "appearences". I've seen this error come up a lot especially with clients that have legacy files with templates that were created in the older releases over the years.

Depending on your situation, it might be quicker/safer/less hassle to simply create a new template in the current release (2012 or 2013) and this will go away. Like I said, it all depends on your situation. I chose to do just that a few times as opposed to having to answer the questions over and over again with the users or risking them selecting the wrong option.

Just a thought

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
Message 10 of 11
ulvi_r

Focus point was to overwrite standard within styles editor and a success it. Coming to "styles" you are right. After 2012 release autodesk replaced it with appearance. But within the template files you always see styles anyway
Message 11 of 11

Jim,

Styles are still in use.  It is only Color and Material styles that disappeared in Inventor 2013 (and became Appearance & Material libraries).  So the drawing styles that the OP is concerned about are still edited the same as always (since version 9, if I recall correctly).

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 2
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
HP EliteBook 8770w; 8 GB RAM; Core™ i7-3720QM 2.60 GHz; Quadro K4000M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.16.2
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums