Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template Help! for Inventor IDW

29 REPLIES 29
SOLVED
Message 1 of 30
rnewcomb
1288 Views, 29 Replies

Template Help! for Inventor IDW

I have a IDW Template and want to change it so that when I bring in a IPT the lines of the drawing are in blue color

29 REPLIES 29
Message 21 of 30
chad38
in reply to: chad38

HP Z420 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E5-1603 0 @ 2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
12.0 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
3D Connexion Space Pilot
Solid Edge ST9 MP1

Inventor Professional 2015
Autocad 2015
SolidWorks 2015
Message 22 of 30
rnewcomb

it is the only one I have and it is in the templates folder, when I bring up new IDW it shows in the template area to pick from

Message 23 of 30
karthur1
in reply to: rnewcomb

You dont have to write the changes back to the styles library... IT can be local to this template.  However, if there is a Standard that your organization goes by, then writing it to the library is a great way to keep everyone in sync.

I put your idw in my templates folder and started a new idw with it.  All the layers are black except for the Visible edges, which come in Blue.  I did not edit anything, I just started a new idw, selected your template and stared placing views.

2013-12-30_1207.png

Post a file that shows the visible lines as BLACK.

Kirk

Message 24 of 30
rnewcomb
in reply to: karthur1

YES, I did get it finaly, It was the saving of it, I saved it in the styles mode but needed to save once I got out of it.

Thank you guys very much for the help, I really apreciate it.

Message 25 of 30
rnewcomb

Spoiler
Thank you very much, I did get it finaly, IT was in the saving of it, I saved it in the styles mode but needed to save it once I got out
Spoiler
Again, Thank you
Spoiler

Spoiler

Message 26 of 30
rnewcomb

not sure, but when I tried it would not work until I saved and over wrote the style library. IT was telling me I had a style problem but not sure why

Here it is

Message 27 of 30
karthur1

I cant view your document.  Can you save as a jpg or png and repost it?

Message 28 of 30
rnewcomb

Message 29 of 30
karthur1

That message is telling you that the styles in the template that you are using are different from your styles stored in your standard library.  That is because you did not save the changes back to your styles.  You can use it this way, but you will just have to click to get by this screen each time you create a new idw.

If you want to write the changes that you made back to your standard styles, then open the idw template then click the "Save" here.

Kirk

2013-12-30_1629.png

Message 30 of 30
chad38

You're very welcome. Glad I could help. Thank you for picking me as the solution.

HP Z420 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E5-1603 0 @ 2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
12.0 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
3D Connexion Space Pilot
Solid Edge ST9 MP1

Inventor Professional 2015
Autocad 2015
SolidWorks 2015

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report