Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tap the counterbore portion of a counterbore hole

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Alan Coons
180 Views, 6 Replies

Tap the counterbore portion of a counterbore hole

Is there a way to thread the counterbore portion of a counterbore hole without having to come back and use the thread command after the counterbore has been generated. I am also having problems being able to tolerance the depth of a counterbore within an idw. I can tolerance the length of the hole of a counterbore, but not the counterbore depth itself.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Alan Coons

Is this Alan Coons from WII? "Alan Coons" wrote in message news:13575634.1104873060269.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Is there a way to thread the counterbore portion of a counterbore hole without having to come back and use the thread command after the counterbore has been generated. I am also having problems being able to tolerance the depth of a counterbore within an idw. I can tolerance the length of the hole of a counterbore, but not the counterbore depth itself.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I don't really think you can do that, without either threading the c'bore, or creating 2 seperate hole features.
Message 4 of 7
Alan Coons

Not with WII anymore. Working with a company called ITW Dynatec in Hendersonville, TN now. How you doing Jeff!!!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

e-mail me johlrich@strongwell.com just wanted to say hi. "Alan Coons" wrote in message news:15703839.1104934297073.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Not with WII anymore. Working with a company called ITW Dynatec in Hendersonville, TN now. How you doing Jeff!!!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

With respect to your second question on tolerancing: this is a known limitation, and a fix is in the works. -- Andrew Faix Product Designer - Inventor Drawing Manager autodesk "autocadder" wrote in message news:28629206.1104933014217.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I don't really think you can do that, without either threading the c'bore, or creating 2 seperate hole features.
Message 7 of 7
Alan Coons

I was able to figure out how to tolerance the depth of a counterbore. If you tolerance your feature in the model it carries over into the idw.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report