Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tabulating CoG for different variations of a part

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Joe_Banger
706 Views, 1 Reply

Tabulating CoG for different variations of a part

Hey there gang!

I have a part with a curve in it.  I want to tabulate CoG position vs the degree of curve which is controlled by a dimension.

Is there a quick way to set this up so i'm not manually changning the dimension and recording the CoG every time?

Thank you.

Joe Banger

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
VdVeek
in reply to: Joe_Banger

Joe, I wrote an iLogic rule a while back that calculated the volume of an odd shaped product, and wrote the volumes to a text file. I thought that your problem is simular to the volume rule, so i rewrote that rule to this:

Dim MaxCurveDegree = 90
Dim MinCurveDegree = 10
If CurveDegree >= MaxCurveDegree Then MessageBox.Show("CurveDegree is maximal", "Title") Else CurveDegree = MinCurveDegree ' Start at MinCurveDegree
While CurveDegree <= MaxCurveDegree -1 CurveDegree = CurveDegree + 1 RuleParametersOutput() InventorVb.DocumentUpdate(False) iLogicVb.UpdateWhenDone = True 'Save the paramters to a textfile Dim oAppend As System.IO.StreamWriter oFile = ThisDoc.PathAndFileName(False) & ".txt" oAppend = IO.File.AppendText(oFile) oAppend.WriteLine("CurveDegree: " & CurveDegree &" - " & "Center of Gravity: " & iProperties.CenterOfGravity) oAppend.Flush() oAppend.Close() End While End If

The CurveDegree is your controlled dimension, i added the MaxCurveDegree and MinCurveDegree to set it's limits.

I changed this rule from memory, so it's not tested. But maybe it helps you.

Rob.

Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional & Autodesk Inventor 2012 Certified Professional.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report