Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRYING REALLY HARD TO CONSTRAIN AN ASSEMBLY IN INVENTOR 2010

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
dcl1967
1176 Views, 21 Replies

TRYING REALLY HARD TO CONSTRAIN AN ASSEMBLY IN INVENTOR 2010

Hi,

I am currently having a lot of difficulty trying to constrain an assembly.

The scenario is this:

I have a sleeve which I am trying to put on a shaft.The hole is quite large in the sleeve.  On the side of the sleeve (at 90 degrees to the big hole, is a smaller hole which which goes all the way thorough the sleeve.  This hole takes an L shaped handle in order to turn the shaft once it is all assembled (like the handle on a vice).  I am trying to insert this L shape into the small hole using INSERT, but the large hole keeps getting selected.  I have done the select other button(green button with little left and right arrows) but no luck, it is selecting the big hole as if it dominates the component.

Please tell me:

1. What I am doing wrong
  2. How to make constraining these assembly parts easier and to be successful at it all the time instead of hit and miss
  3. Is there a series of steps that make constraining parts much easier

I am really open to suggestions as this is the most difficult part for me in Inventor.

Thanks,

David.

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
dcl1967
in reply to: JDMather

Hi JDM, I attached the files to this email template that automatically pops up when I hit the reply link in your message. I have sent them twice now and don't know what happens to it. The email address is as follows: TO: autodesk.prod|3bbf0e40|27e4b356-3795-464b-a654-e9d8ab7d1777@reply01.lithium. com David.
Message 22 of 22
mrattray
in reply to: dcl1967

You can't post attachments via e-mail. You need to follow the link to come back to the forums and reply on the actual webpage in order to attach files.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report