Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symbolic thread lines not showing up in drawing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
akb3vf
5666 Views, 4 Replies

Symbolic thread lines not showing up in drawing

I've made  a model of a screw and used the 'Thread' feature to visualize the threads. I'm aware that this is primarily for visual purposes and doesn't actually create them in the model...however, from everything I've seen, symbolic thread lines (small dash marks) should still show in the projection view to be annotated. For some reason, the thread lines are not showing up on the shaft of the screw at all! The only threads that show are representing other hidden lines. Does anyone know how to fix this and make them appear?! (so that they can be annotated with a thread note!)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
-niels-
in reply to: akb3vf

Is this checked?

Thread_feature.png

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 3 of 5
JDMather

It sounds like the threads are properly shown with Simplified Representation in the drawing.

You should be able to retrieve or add the annotation.

Attach your files here.

If you want cosmetic rather than simplifed representation you will have to do a shaded view.

If you want detailed or schematic representation you will have to model or sketch the desired representation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 5
rdyson
in reply to: JDMather

And This!

Capture1.JPG

Capture.JPG

PDSU 2016
Message 5 of 5
r.ivantysyn

To Display threads in Drawings you need to right click on the drawing and check: "Display Threaded Feature".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report