Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching Project files destroys responsiveness of inventor 2014

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Diequa
276 Views, 2 Replies

Switching Project files destroys responsiveness of inventor 2014

I've had problems ever since 2014 came out, but this one is bugging me to the point i have to ask for help.

Everytime i switch project files for any reason, Inventors response time to anything gets to the point i have to close the program and open it back up.  After the program restart I'm able to use it again, but then when I have to change project files it does the same thing again.  It's wasting a lot of time for me and I'd rather not format and reinstall everything.  Is  there a solution for this? Or do i have to format?

Thanks, 

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Diequa

I would check all entries in your project files to make sure you don't have a bad path somewhere.

This sounds similar to the problems I had when our IT guy moved all our CAD files to a new server, without telling me first.

Message 3 of 3
4donwan4
in reply to: Diequa

You also can try to migrate all of the project files to 2014 through task schedular. The prior path comment is a good one as we have seen project file paths cause performance issues. UNC path is recommended instead of mapped drive letters.

Regards,

Don

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report