Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweep Problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
151 Views, 4 Replies

Sweep Problem

I am trying to sweep Sketch2 as a profile along Sketch1 as the path as a SURFACE output.
It only works for me if:
I click on the Surface output Icon
Select Sketch1 incorrectly as a path
Hold down the Ctrl key and un-select Sketch2
Click on the Profile selection icon
Click Sketch2
Click on Sketch1
Ok

I am using v8, can someone check this in v9. I should be able to just select the profile and path without the extra steps.
J.D.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Same raw deal here, bothh R8 and R9. (RSI) It's an assumption that the closed loop is the profile target and the open loop is the path target. It's awkward as hell if you've never seen this behavior before. You can do it in a slightly different order and save a couple of clicks. darvin "JDMATHER" wrote in message news:29438770.1090236823082.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I am trying to sweep Sketch2 as a profile along Sketch1 as the path as a SURFACE output. > It only works for me if: > I click on the Surface output Icon > Select Sketch1 incorrectly as a path > Hold down the Ctrl key and un-select Sketch2 > Click on the Profile selection icon > Click Sketch2 > Click on Sketch1 > Ok > > I am using v8, can someone check this in v9. I should be able to just select the profile and path without the extra steps. > J.D.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I have also seen this behavior before, IV assumes the closed loop is the profile and auto-selects it. Should be a switch to turn off that behavior in the settings. Bob S. "darvinv" wrote in message news:40fbbbc3$1_2@newsprd01... > Same raw deal here, bothh R8 and R9. (RSI) It's an assumption that the > closed loop is the profile target and the open loop is the path target. > It's awkward as hell if you've never seen this behavior before. You can > do it in a slightly different order and save a couple of clicks. > > darvin > > "JDMATHER" wrote in message > news:29438770.1090236823082.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > I am trying to sweep Sketch2 as a profile along Sketch1 as the path as > a SURFACE output. > > It only works for me if: > > I click on the Surface output Icon > > Select Sketch1 incorrectly as a path > > Hold down the Ctrl key and un-select Sketch2 > > Click on the Profile selection icon > > Click Sketch2 > > Click on Sketch1 > > Ok > > > > I am using v8, can someone check this in v9. I should be able to just > select the profile and path without the extra steps. > > J.D. >
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

>You can
do it in a slightly different order and save a couple of clicks.

Actually I was way down the history tree when I ran across the problem. Once I tracked down a solution I simplified this file to just the problem description and work-around. In my actual model it isn't that simple.
J.D.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I verified this in R9. I had to do the following: 1. In the sweep feature dialog, click on Path 2. Ctrl and unselect sketch2 3. Select Sketch1 4. Click on Profile 5. Select Sketch2 6. OK One possibility for us is to clear the selections when user goes from the solid to surface, however some users might prefer us not to clear it. Another possibility is to have a global option and there might be more. Thanks for bringing this issue to us. Shekar[Autodesk] "JDMATHER" wrote in message news:29438770.1090236823082.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I am trying to sweep Sketch2 as a profile along Sketch1 as the path as a SURFACE output. > It only works for me if: > I click on the Surface output Icon > Select Sketch1 incorrectly as a path > Hold down the Ctrl key and un-select Sketch2 > Click on the Profile selection icon > Click Sketch2 > Click on Sketch1 > Ok > > I am using v8, can someone check this in v9. I should be able to just select the profile and path without the extra steps. > J.D.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report