Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription Site Software Download Question

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tahdesign1
516 Views, 4 Replies

Subscription Site Software Download Question

I have the following flavors of suited Inventor products:

Inventor Premium

Inventor Ultimate

Factory Design Ultimate

In my IT world I am not able to use the Autodesk downloaded to get my products from the subscription site (it just hangs up)

So to pull down my products I have to use the Browser download option.

What this does is bring down several self extracting exe files for each type of software (3 for Factory Suite, 4 for Inventor Ultimate, etc)

Lets take Factory Ultimate as the example, it pulls down the following three files:

Autodesk_FDSU_2014_ENU_64bit_dlm_001_003.sfx.exe

Autodesk_FDSU_2014_ENU_64bit_dlm_002_003.sfx.exe

Autodesk_FDSU_2014_ENU_64bit_dlm_003_003.sfx.exe

So I extract the first one and when that is complete it launches the installation. So did the extraction of the first file in turn extract the information from the following two?

I was not sure if it did or not so I exited the installation and started the extraction for the 2nd file to the same location.

Is this correct? Do I have to exact all three before the installation should begin?

And if I do have to extract all three then why would the installation start after I had just extracted the first?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: tahdesign1

I have always extracted the first and from there everything was automatic - no need to extract others.

In fact, if the others can't be found during the extraction - it pops up an error.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: JDMather

I just extracted the first too and it went from there..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 5
tahdesign1
in reply to: mcgyvr

Hmm well I had already started the extraction on the second file before I saw these answers.

It did not give any warning like I was overwriting anything so I wonder if I just messed up that install directory.

Guess I will wipe it and do it again with just the first.

May be as a test I will move all but the first out of the directory and see if it fails. It should if it does actually look for the successive ones.

Message 5 of 5
tahdesign1
in reply to: tahdesign1

Thanks JD...just reread your post this morning before I tried extracting by removing one of them to look for the error.

Thankfully I noticed you had already stated that it faults out so I did not waste my time testing that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report