Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassembly parts do not show in parts list

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
vroegop
607 Views, 3 Replies

Subassembly parts do not show in parts list

I've created an assembly that has a couple of sub assemblies included. When I do a parts list, the sub assembly parts are not listed. Is there a way to list them?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Josh_Petitt
in reply to: vroegop

if you do not want the sub-assemblies listed and you want the parts promoted to the next level up, then open your subs, goto Tools=>Document Settings=>Bill of Materials tab and set the drop-down to Phantom.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Or more likely what he/she is after is Opening up the BOM and clicking
on the structured tab, then clicking on the View Options button, then
click on View Properties and change Level to All Levels.

Josh_Petitt wrote:
> if you do not want the sub-assemblies listed and you want the parts promoted to the next level up, then open your subs, goto Tools=>Document Settings=>Bill of Materials tab and set the drop-down to Phantom.
Message 4 of 4
vroegop

Guys -

Thanks for your help. Here's how I solved my problem. As I defined my first balloon, I set the BOM to "Parts Only". Then I placed my Parts List on the Drawing and it shows all the parts including the sub-assembly parts. After you place your first balloon, Inventor will not let you change the display type. So if you have it set to "Structured" you only get the sub assemblies w/o the sub-parts.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report