Inventor General

Distinguished Contributor
Message 1 of 1 (50 Views)

Sub assy will not change from inseperable

50 Views, 0 Replies
01-29-2010 12:20 PM
Hello all,

I have a sub assy inside another sub assy, and I am trying to make it normal in the BOM so I can see the individual parts in my top level drawing parts list. The structure of the top level is this: top level assy, "upper" sub assy, "mid" sub assy, and "lower" sub assy. The sub assy that I need to make normal is a handle sub assy the is placed in the "upper" sub assy. Now, normally, since we use a vault system, the only way to do this is to check out the "upper" and handle sub assy, open the BOM for the "upper" and change the handle from inseperable to normal, however, it is not working this time. When I click the drop down and change it to normal, it goes right back to inseperable as soon as I click anywhere else. I have also tried opening the handle assy, going to tools menu, document settings, and BOM tab, but it is listed as normal there, so I know that's not it either. I've also tried to just change it in the top level assy, but nothing. I'm completely stumped on this one. Any one have any ideas on this?

TIA,
J Lackey
XP PRO SP2
INTEL CORE 2
2.66GHz 3.25GB RAM
INV 2008 SP 3

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube