Inventor General

Distinguished Contributor
eveylynne
Message 1 of 5 (276 Views)
Accepted Solution

Styles editor idiot moment

276 Views, 4 Replies
04-03-2012 10:15 AM

Long short, I wanted to rename one of the default layer, "Visible," to "CUT" since that's what our plasma cutter looks for.

However, I created a copy of Visible named CUT.  Now when I open a new drawing, I get the usual, "The following definitions in template Blah differ from the definitions in the style library..."

I know I could update each template, but I'd rather just delete the copied layer in the styles library.  However, I don't see how.  Any tips on removing my extra layer with out starting from scratch? Or how to rename a default layer?

Thanks!

*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 2 of 5 (261 Views)

Re: Styles editor idiot moment

04-03-2012 11:09 AM in reply to: eveylynne

Did you try RCing on the layer in the styles and standards editor and purging it?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
Inventor Professional 2013
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Distinguished Contributor
eveylynne
Message 3 of 5 (243 Views)

04-03-2012 12:13 PM in reply to: Cadmanto

Yeah, nothing shows up to purge. :smileysad:

(moments later)

However, I appernetly just needed to relaunch Inventor.  It worked this time around! thank you!

*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 4 of 5 (226 Views)

04-03-2012 01:20 PM in reply to: eveylynne

Your welcome.  Glad it worked out for you.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
Inventor Professional 2013
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Contributor
hareshbhere
Message 5 of 5 (145 Views)

Style not updating for Old Drawing

12-22-2012 01:40 AM in reply to: eveylynne

Hello,

I have renamed one of the layer from "Engraving" to "UBENDLINE" as our laser is looking for. Now I have to update all old drawing for new layer.

When I tried to update old drawing for styles, it is not updating style i. showing old layer "Engraving". Same I tried with new drawing, it is showing correct layer as expected.

Please suggest me solution for updating old drawings.

Thanks

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube