Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Styles Library & Vault

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
iamerm
2360 Views, 4 Replies

Styles Library & Vault

In our common project file, "Design Data" (under "Folder Options") has always been set to the default location.  If I understand correctly, that means that each individual user has his own style library that he's using from his local machine.

What would be the simplest way to keep the Styles Library on the Vault so that everyone shares the same library?  I have some ideas, but it would be nice to have input from someone with experience.  We use IV 2011.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
john.laidler
in reply to: iamerm

Upload the library to a 'library' folder in Vault.  Then have each user do a 'Get Entire Folder', which will place the styles in the users local workspace.  Then modify your workspace sync to have this folder update the local workspace folder whenever changes are made and the users do a 'workspace sync'.  Works very nicely.

John Laidler
AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.
Message 3 of 5
cwhetten
in reply to: iamerm

Check out this blog post. I am doing a test run with this setup.  So far it is working well, but I haven't rolled it out to all of my users yet.

-cwhetten

Message 4 of 5
iamerm
in reply to: cwhetten

Thanks for the suggestions!!!  I will try to get this set up & report back.

Message 5 of 5
iamerm
in reply to: cwhetten

@cwhetten wrote:

Check out this blog post. I am doing a test run with this setup.  So far it is working well, but I haven't rolled it out to all of my users yet.

-cwhetten

We followed the basic idea described in that post by Brian Schanen, & everything appears to be working well.  Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums