Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Styles Editor STUCK on Sheet Metal...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
H_Mack
285 Views, 2 Replies

Styles Editor STUCK on Sheet Metal...

I'm using IV 2013 SP2 Update 3...

I converted a Bracket part to Sheetmetal...

The units were set to "mm" in my "inch" file, so I was going to change the units in the Styles Editor...

I didnt find a place to make the change so I closed the "sheet metal" file and opened a "part" file...

I wanted to see if I found a Sheet Metal Style under PART Styles and Standards...

When I clicked Manage / Styles and Standards Editor, I saw the Sheet Metal Rule Styles and Lighting...

The Styles and Standard editor is now STUCK on what appears to be the styles for a Sheet Metal file...

It only show Lighting / Sheet Metal Rule / Sheet Metal Unfold...

I've closed and reopened existing part files, assy files, started new part files and assy files, closed / restarted IV, and rebooted my PC...

Nothing has brought back the Styles and Standards for Part files nor Assy files...

Any ideas / suggestions is really appreciated...

Thanks 

Howard

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jingyi.liu
in reply to: H_Mack

Hi Mack

Sorry, I'm not quite clear of your requirement. Sheet metal rule is the place to edit or list  defined sheet metal rules, it can't be used to change units. So if you want use a sheet metal thickness in metric unit, you need to define a new one and set its vaule with metric unit. All of these are stored in the sheetmetalrules.xml in design data folder.

Make sure the project setting of "Use Style Library" is not "Read Only", otherwise, you can't save the new definition in style library.

Regards,

Jingyi Liu

Inventor Product Manager
Message 3 of 3
H_Mack
in reply to: jingyi.liu

Hello Jingyi

Thanks for the reply...

The problem was me...

I spent years away from Inventor and forgot some details of how Styles and Standards worked...

Thanks 

Howard

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report