Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Style conflict - Drawing template - BOM

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
autodesk_inventor_user
633 Views, 4 Replies

Style conflict - Drawing template - BOM

I created a drawing template, saved on companies common drive, not local. When I created it I also created BOM to be filtered for certain iproperties. When I go "new" and open a new drawing file from the template I get the message about the style conflict and when open BOM in a new drawing I get default columns not the columns I set up in iproperties.

Can anyone guide me thru the process of setting up/changing styles?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Unless I misunderstand your question, it sounds like you need to:

1) Make sure your Project is set to "Use Style Library = Yes" (See 1st attachment)

1) Open the template, make sure that the styles are set the way you want them, and then go to the Manage tab and click Save in the Styles and Standards section. (2nd attach)

2) This will bring up the dialog box (3rd attach) with all the styles that are different between the template you have open and the library.  Toggle the "No" to "Yes" on the ones you want to save to library--or choose "Yes to All"--and choose OK, which will result in a warning that the overwrite cannot be undone, so make sure you really want to make these changes the syle library.

3) Once the Save is completed, exit the template, and open a new drawing file from the template, and the style conflicts should be gone.

Hope that helps, and I hope someone will correct me if I'm going down the wrong path.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013 Product Design Suite Ultimate
Windows 7 Pro SP1
Xeon X5690 3.5 Ghz processor, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro 5000
Space Pilot Pro
"Learning to give what I can't keep to gain what I can't lose."
Message 3 of 5

Just an additional clarification: Inventor uses the terms BOM and Parts List for two related but distinct entities.  You are writing about a Parts List style, not BOM, which resides only in an assembly.  The parts list uses information from the BOM to display.  They're just words, but common use of terms helps communication.

Message 4 of 5
Aggie94
in reply to: SBix26

Sam, can you tell me why my solution described above works only for one day?  The next morning, when I create a new dwg from the template, the style conflict error resurfaces and I have to go back thru the save styles to library process.  Then I won't have any more conflicts all day.

Perhaps a clue is in the styles that conflict--and they are always the same ones--so here's a screen shot for observation.

Style Conflict.JPG

Thanks,

John

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013 Product Design Suite Ultimate
Windows 7 Pro SP1
Xeon X5690 3.5 Ghz processor, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro 5000
Space Pilot Pro
"Learning to give what I can't keep to gain what I can't lose."
Message 5 of 5

I know that.

I created assembly template for BOM with certain values. Also created drawing template with parts list that calles out only custom values same like those in assembly BOM. Now I expect any parts list opened from a drawing template to have same columns like the ones in asseblies BOM.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report