Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Style Conflict

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Talayoe
871 Views, 7 Replies

Style Conflict

Hi all,

I know this has been beating to death (having done many many searches!!) but I am going to be the lowly guy who asks once again.

Style Conflict.jpg

This is my error;

Here is my sich; Two computers (on subscription). Setup on laptop first, bring files over from 2013. Get this error, go thru the 'open template' thing, save the style again, error gone. No problems. Bring all files from laptop to desktop. Run the same procedute. Template is good... UNTIL!

1. Template runs good until I shut down inventor, which I do everytime I am done (have ssd drive and 5 second startup time, dont mind shutting it down). When I open again and hit 'new -> standard.idw' I get the error again.

2. That being said, on my laptop, if I open and old drawing that is not to the current 'Style' (lots of red in my current style) and hit 'manage -> update' it will show a list of all the stuff to update, I say 'yes to all' and my old drawing is now currently styled.

When I try this on my desktop the list is ALWAYS blank.

I am at my wits end. Been fighting with this since the 2014 premier day and I am about ready to put my head in a vice and start to squeeze!!!

Any help for such a terrible beating to death question would be GREATLY appreciated.

tks!

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CadUser46
in reply to: Talayoe

I am assuming you have permission to modify the styles library permanently.

When you do a File>New you are editing a copy of the template. Not the actual template.
Go to App Menu>Manage>Projects. Edit the project so 'Use Style Library' says Read/Write. Navigate using windows explorer to the actual location of the template then open it. Go to Manage>Styles. The save button should not be greyed out now you set the project to read/write. Press Save. Now press update, there should be nothing in the list to update as you have committed the local styles causing the conflict to the library. Save the template file and close.

Now File>New. The message should be gone.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
Currently using 2023 Pro
Message 3 of 8
Talayoe
in reply to: CadUser46

Hey,

Sorry it took so long to get back. Been having a systemic nightmare with other computer stuff here! grr

So I tried this, seemed to work. Ran for a couple days and then I started getting that blasted message again. So I followed the steps AGAIN and for the moment seems to working again.

tks!

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
Message 4 of 8
tsreagan
in reply to: Talayoe

Your not alone, I have the same issue with 2013.

Also I have to update materials before rendering, each and every time I load a new file in Inventor.

T.S.

Message 5 of 8

FYI - Styles have been replaced by Appearences. This is what's causing the error you are seeing.

From what I was told, in general terms and I may be a bit off on the specifics but when one opened a file in Inventor, the program loaded all available Styles for that template (drawing, part, assy, etc) and this took up loads of memory or the like. For 2013, they changed this to use Appearences which now only loads the Appearences that are actually used in the file, thus making the file smaller and quicker on load times. At the same time they adjusted some of the way things looked, such as some colors. From what I've seen, the colors that did change are more realistic looking, more accuate in color per say.

There is a way around this error as stated above but note, it's only a band-aid. Styles are dead, Appearences are the future. So, your best bet is to simply redo your template files from scratch in 2014 or 2013. It'll save you a ton of time and hassle in the long run. Don't even attempt a copy and paste of things like the copy logo from an old drawing template. You want to maintain a complete break from any template file from 2012 and prior....in essense any file that used Styles as opposed to the new Appearences.

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
Message 6 of 8

And the Celts have it.

Thank you for that.

T.S.

Message 7 of 8
HUSELALU

This finally worked for me.

(Inventor 2015)
Message 8 of 8
maros.mmo

I think I f-ed up.... Now I can´t open it at all. 😞
error.jpg
Edit: I think I need it step by step. I´m lost... I´m using Inventor Pro 2015

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report