Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stub Tooth Gear Designation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Talayoe
1115 Views, 2 Replies

Stub Tooth Gear Designation

Hello all,

Inside of assembly/spur gear generator, is it possible to specify (not seeing it) a stub tooth gear? I have a component here that I need to draw as a stub, if possible.

tks!

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
WHolzwarth
in reply to: Talayoe

If I'm understandig right here from Germany, a stub tooth gear has shorter teeth than normal gears.

I think, you can generate a normal gear, and then just do a cut extrusion for the outside diameter.

Walter

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Talayoe
in reply to: WHolzwarth

Hi Walter,

Sorry for taking so long to reply, had a busy weekend.

You are basically correct in what I am trying to achieve. What I have (now that I have time to detail it out!) is essentially a 6/12dp, 20pa external GEAR (not spline)...as such making it a stub tooth. I had a look thru the spline designs and they are all 30 deg. pa or more which wont work for me, it just doesnt roll properly with that cutter (we have on the shelf).

I would think having the gearing generator around for a few years now, there would either be an option for the whole depth of a gear (to break away from standard like in this case) or a 'checkbox' or something to select stub tooth and bring you to have more options. Obviously this is just my opinion, but we do alot of stub toothed gearing and this would be very handy! (Just happens to be the first one I have tried to redraw with Inventor).

Thanks for the input! 🙂

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report