Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structured Parts List not available

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
RogerTheShrubber
2240 Views, 11 Replies

Structured Parts List not available

I have an assembly composed of parts, sub assemblies, and a Frame Generator assembly.  For some reason, I am unable to create a structured Parts List in the .idw.  The 'Level' pull-down in the Parts List Dialog Box is not availbe for me to select 'All Levels'.  I am only able to create a Parts List that is an unstructured list of the individual parts of all the subassemblies.  Any ideas on how to correct?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

png didn't open for me

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
mcgyvr
in reply to: mdavis22569

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2011/05/exporting-all-level-bom-from-inventor.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 12
RogerTheShrubber
in reply to: mcgyvr

The 'Manage' panel is missing from my 'Assemble' tab and is not available by right clicking on the ribbon.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ha8pimnyxre2ic/Screenshot%202014-04-15%2014.44.50.png

Message 5 of 12
jletcher
in reply to: RogerTheShrubber

What is this

THID.JPG

Message 6 of 12
jletcher

But the BOM is under assembly tab...

Message 7 of 12
RogerTheShrubber
in reply to: jletcher

Thanks James.  I recently upgraded to 2014 and it's seems the 'Manage(BOM)' panel has moved to the 'Manage' tab, so you were right!  I was looking for it under the 'Assemble' tab as I was used to and as help files were directing me.

So I have followed the process as described in mcgyvr's post to no avail.  The Level pull-down menu is not available for me to select 'All Levels' as has been my past experience.

Screenshot 2014-04-16 07.38.01.png

Screenshot 2014-04-16 07.39.20.png

Message 8 of 12

I just added it to my quick access toolbar.

QuickAccess.png

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
Message 9 of 12
mrattray
in reply to: Ray_Feiler

I add it to a user command panel in my assemble tab.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 10 of 12
RogerTheShrubber
in reply to: mrattray

Thanks for the UI customization ideas.

But to my original issue...I created a new .iam composed of 2 subassamblies, enabled the structured BOM in the .iam file, changed Structure Property to 'All Levels' and I am still unable to create a structured Parts List in an .idw.  Any ideas before I reload the software?

Message 11 of 12
mrattray

Is this a fresh IDW or are you editing one? Try creating a new drawing using the stock AutoDesk IDW template and see if you can get the parts list options you're looking for.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 12 of 12
RogerTheShrubber
in reply to: mrattray

Thanks to all for your help.  

Not having the pull-downs available to me when generating the Parts List was unusual in my experience.  It turns out that I was generating a structured Parts List all along. I was confused because my Frame Assembly BOM Structure was inexplicably set to Phantom leading me to believe, an first glance, that I was not creating a structured Parts List.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report