Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stress analysis automaion using iLogic/VB

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1196 Views, 4 Replies

Stress analysis automaion using iLogic/VB

Hello everyone,

I want to make some pretty simple stress analysis automation using ilogic/vb scripts - changing few parameters using script (part size for example) and generating report for each change (maybe even getting some values from those reports). I was looking through inventor/api help but have not found any iLogic/VB methods/functions with which would allow to this (I mean generate stress analysis report or even any interactions with stress analysis). Does anyone have any suggestions on how this could be achieved or is it even possible to do this?

Thanks a lot!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

How much experience do you have with Inventor?

Are you familiar with doing a Parametric Table analysis?

Parametric Table.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks for your reply,

No I'm actually not very experienced with inventor.

I've checked Parametric Table analysis, nice feature, but still not what I'm looking for.

I want to automate interactions with stress analysis feature. I guess it would be nice to use parametric table, but is there any way to change values in this table, run analysis and getting result values from ilogic/vb script?

Message 4 of 5
raviburla
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

This topic was covered in this post [ http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Get-max-stress-values-for-parametric-stress-analysis/...  ]

Inventor Simulation currently does not support API and hence the user will not be able to write custom commands via VB. Like Hugh suggested - this would be a great idea for Inventor IdeaStation.

Regards,
Ravi Burla (Autodesk)

Ravi Burla
Sr. Principal Research Engineer
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: raviburla

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report