Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stress Analysis Highest Local Stress

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
JavaLodge
2564 Views, 3 Replies

Stress Analysis Highest Local Stress

Hi everyone,

I've been doing a lot of work with the Stress Analysis recently, and I have wondered if a certain feature exits.  When I am interpreting the results of a simulation, I'll use the probe to find out the stress in certain areas.  The problem is that I can't be certain that I've picked the point of highest stress in a certain area.  I know that I can find the highest overall stress, but it's hit or miss finding the 'highest local stress' as I've come to call it.  I need to be able to prove that a certain member's stress is below the allowable stress, and I can't be certain of the member's highest stress unless y'all know of some way.  Thanks in advance.

I am running Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014, 64-bit.

conklinjm
in reply to: JavaLodge

@JavaLodge wrote:

I need to be able to prove that a certain member's stress is below the allowable stress, and I can't be certain of the member's highest stress unless y'all know of some way.

I believe that you can change the scale of the stresses that are displayed from the analysis; just set the maximum stress displayed to be slightly higher than your allowable stress and the colour gradient will visually show you if the area of concern is above or below your threshold.

As I don't have a version of Inventor that can do FEA, I cannot be sure of all the options; but in Solidworks you can change the number of colours used and if they are discrete zones, points, lines or a gradient as well as change the minimum and maximum reported stress -- I would assume that Inventor has similar functionality.

HTH

Message 3 of 4
blair
in reply to: conklinjm

There are a couple of boxes with little boxes in the Upper RH and Lower LH corner. This will display the Max and Min points on your results.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 4
JavaLodge
in reply to: blair

Well, I did say in my original post that I did know how to find the highest overall stress.  Maybe I didn't explain well enough.  I was hoping that there was some sort of tool where you could circle select an area and it would find the highest stress in that area.  I did figure out that I could manipulate the color bar to give me more meaningful results, thanks conklinjm.  It's not ideal, because it takes a few iterations of guess and check to be able to find exactly what you're looking for, but I guess it's good enough for now.  Thanks guys.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report