Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stress Analysis_Force/Pressure_Custom Area

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
AhmetSevik
907 Views, 7 Replies

Stress Analysis_Force/Pressure_Custom Area

Hello,

I have a table design from Steel. Kind of one desk.Size is 2000 x 2500 mm. This table for to be bridge between truch and buildin for loading. Tyoe of loading ramps (you can search internet)

I want to do stress analysis on this. I want to put force or pressure on to top. But when i select this force/pressune select all 2000 x 2500 mm area. But normaly one forklift has 4 whels and touch only 4 points on the table.

So, i want to show to analysis custom force touching area. for example, i want to show to program 200 x 200 mm area on the table 4 pieces and i want to assign force/pressure only o this 4 pieces 200 x 200 area.

For this i created 4 sheet metal very thinn (becasue i did't want to effect thsi sheet to analysis result), and i joinf on my table. And i show to point of force/pressure point on this sheets. But now, analysis, try to calculate Mesh and other things. And show me that is very thin. İf i will do more thick things then my result will change.

Anybody knows how can set custom area for force/pressure on a flat surface? PLease see attachment.

(I hope i could explain what i want to say with my bad english)

Thank you...

Ahmet SEVIK... 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: AhmetSevik

Use the Split command to split the face for locations of force.

Attached is an example.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 8
AhmetSevik
in reply to: JDMather

Can you explain me little bit more details. Split command from where? I dont have experinece much about this.
Thank you JD...

Message 4 of 8
JDMather

I edited the post above to include example.

Have you gone through the built-in tutorials?

What book are you using to learn Inventor FEA?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 8
AhmetSevik

Actualy i can't use tutorials. You can undertand from my post that my english is not good and tutorials only in English language. Therefore is difficult for me and for similar persons like me to understand.

Whatever, thank you very much for your help. I understand now from your example.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 8
AhmetSevik

I success with JDMather's help.

My parts was sheet metal. For split i converted to standat part format. After that, i did one sketch on my plate and i use split command. (split command for surface). see attachment.
Than in assembly, i can select this area now. 

Thank you for help JD...

Anyone if dont understand this solution i can help you with plesure with more details. Information is more better if is share with others...

Message 7 of 8
AhmetSevik

I Solved....

If anyone need to help more, i can try to explain with plesure....

Message 8 of 8
rdyson

You don't need to convert the sheet metal part to standard. YOu can use any of the standard modeling tools on sheet metal parts (except multi-body)

PDSU 2016

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report