Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Black assembly model appears in ipn file

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
benjaminrlaurence
883 Views, 13 Replies

Strange Black assembly model appears in ipn file

Hi everyone, I'm a relative new comer to Inventor so perhaps I'm missing something fairly obvious.

I'm working on an exploded presentation file and have finished all of the tweaks for each piece.  One day, when I opened it up to do some work, there appeared a duplicate assembly model floating in the middle of my work space.  The duplicate does not appear in the model browser and is completely Black.  It dissapeared a few days later, but the next day, when I opened the file, it was there again.  I've asked my prof at college about it and he doesn't have any idea what it is or how to remove it.  

I've attached a prnt scrn of what I'm seeing, I'm hoping someone here can help me

Thank you in advance for any help!

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Welcome to the forum,

Have you tried restarting your PC?  That fixes a lot of issues sometimes.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 14

Hi, thanks for your time. Yes, I've restarted in many, many times. I'm actually ready to record the explosion animation and time is running short so I've tried to reboot a few times over the last week or so and only once, has it dissapeared. The next time I opened it however, it's still there. -- Benjamin R Laurence benjaminrlaurence@gmail.com
Message 4 of 14

I personally have not experienced this nor has anyone else where I work.

I am wondering two things.  First if it is a graphics card issue and second

if you were to create a new ipn file if this would repeat.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 14

Can you attach the assembly and ipn here?

What version of Inventor are you using?

Have you installed all Service Packs and Hot Fixes?

Have you installed latest graphics driver?

Looks to me like a graphics anomaly (your board or driver), but hard to tell if it might be related to an anomaly in one of the parts related to poor technique.

Can you test this on someone else's machine (with better specs)?

BTW - what are your specs.

Seems like a lot of information missing here.

Even your browser isn't expanded.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 6 of 14

Yes, this is what my prof. was leaning towards as well. Nothing similar has happened on any other of my ipn files. Is there possibly a way to copy the contents of one ipn to another? -- Benjamin R Laurence benjaminrlaurence@gmail.com
Message 7 of 14

Hi,

I've attached the ipn and the assembly file.  I'm using Inventor Pro 2012, I will check for updates and confirm if my graphics drivers are up to date.

I am running this on a Dell Lattitude E6520, Windows 7 64bit, 8GB 1336MHz DDR3 RAM, i7 dual core.  I know the laptop is underpowered to run Inventor well, but this file is not too large and I don't have any problems when working in the assembly file itself, other than it is sometimes a bit slow.

I don't have another computer to diagnose the problem, but my everyone else in my class is running the same software and has the same laptop and I'm the only one with this issue; mind you, my file is a bit larger than anyone else's.

Message 8 of 14

Here's another prnt scrn with the browser open

Message 9 of 14

Also, I've updated my graphics drivers, rebooted and the black model is still present

Message 10 of 14

Your image comes in all whote for what ever reason.

If this is the only ipn file doing this try recreating the ipn file and see if it repeats.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 11 of 14

When you opened it, was the second model there?

Message 12 of 14

Nope, neither one.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 13 of 14

Well at least I know the problem is most likely my hardware. Thanks again!
Message 14 of 14
SBix26
in reply to: benjaminrlaurence

Nobody will be able to open either of these without the part files...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report