Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stnadard black color in realistic mode shows texture

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
gcross
505 Views, 5 Replies

Stnadard black color in realistic mode shows texture

The standard black color in Inventor appears as if it has a subtle texture when I use Realistic shading mode (see image). But when I edit the style there is no Use texture Image or Bump / file associated with it. I tried Realistic Appearance checked on & off in edit dialog & it makes no difference.

I want to represent a flat anodized black color for some marketing images. We have a lot of parts that use the standard black color & I really don't want to spend the time to change them all to a new custom black color (without a texture).

How can I make the standard black not have a texture in realistic & rendered modes?

Gary

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
harco
in reply to: gcross

Could it be the shininess or opacity.

Or even the colour settings emissive,ambient etc.

Message 3 of 6
-niels-

I don't think it's a texture either... have you tried different lighting environments?

It could even be graphic card related, so you might not get rid of it no matter what you try...

If you take it into studio and render it there, does the "texture" also show up?

(for the record, i can't get the same result on my machine... so i suspect a graphic card issue)

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 4 of 6
gcross

I get the exact same results on different computer using different graphics cards. I don't think that is the problem.

Gary

Message 5 of 6
gcross
in reply to: -niels-

When in studio editor black color has a texture. When I render in Studio the texture is not there.

I tried playing with lighting styles in studio & I get the same difference.

Changing Lighting styles in the editting window does not seem to change the black texture.

Maybe I just need to get a replacement black color style.

Gary

Message 6 of 6
cwhetten

Do you have shadows turned on?  I have noticed that shadows sometimes have a mottled or otherwise uneven appearance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report